Wednesday 8 July 2015

Summer Ices


The last week it has been super mega hot! So I thought I'd try my hand at making some yummy ice lollies too cool down and chill out with on these beautiful days. I made them all with some kids plastic tumblers and some lolly sticks. There are so many different favour combinations you can make so there's something everyone will enjoy! Great for kids and fantastic for a BBQ!

Chocolate Salted Caramel


This was pure heaven in a lolly! I started by making up some chocolate flavoured Angel Delight and spoon a goo helping into my mould. Following that I dolloped on some chocolate spread, when frozen it went fudgy and gooey. I then smoothed over a layer of Salted Caramel Sauce which you can either make yourself or buy some. (I used Asda's Extra Special) I finishes with another spoonful Angel Delight and left in the freezer. What's great is the Salted Caramel layer doesn't freeze so you have a super yummy liquid layer!

Watermelon Limeade


This zesty refreshing guy is the ultimate way to hydrate and cool down. Simply blend up some seedless watermelon until liquid (if you don't have a blender use a potato masher - I did (If you can't get seedless you'll have to fish them out - I did that too) and it was fine) then pour in a can or two of lemon and lime fizz. Pop in the freezer stick in a lolly stick and done!

Breakfast Granola Fro-Yo


I'm sure some of you out there are like me and often wake up before the sun to get to work. Days like this I either wait until I get to work and have some unhealthy pastry of bacon roll or skip it all together (not good!) so by having a healthy yoghurt breakfast ready in the freezer, you can grab it as you walk out the door and just throw your stick away when done. Simply layer 0% fat Honeyed Greek Yoghurt, blueberries, strawberries and granola until the cup is full!

Frozen Chocolate Heaven


Similarly to the Salted Caramel above this starts with a layer of chocolate Angel Delight - and ends with one too! The differences are this one featured a giant chocolate button layer and a Nutella fudgy layer! Still super yummy but in place of caramel you have the worlds favourite hazelnut spread - so we're all winners.

Pink Lemonade


This piece of iced perfection is probably the simplest of all to make. Simply buy a raspberry lemonade (I use Belvoir's) pour it into a cup, throw in some diced strawberries and whole raspberries to add a flavour difference and freeze overnight!

These are just a few flavour combinations you could use. Why not try Lemonade and Peaches? Or instead of Nutella use peanut butter? There are also lots of great ideas here that you can try too!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Katherine Harriet | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig