Thursday 5 January 2017

2017

First things first; Happy New Year! I know 2016 wasn't all that great in the world news, (which when Nico Rosberg wins the world championship over Lewis Hamilton... well), but anyway! Onwards and upwards, we're into a new year and I hope the best comes for all of you.

I think one of the first things I need to do in this opening post is to address where I've been whilst on an unannounced hiatus. In July I got promoted to Manager in the company I work for. I was now managing my own coffee shop (YAY). Only this coffee shop was now a two-hour drive in rush hour traffic away from my home, and I was working between 46-58 hours a week, plus driving to and fro each day. So for that reason, I never really had the time to write a blog post, no matter how much I wanted to. 

Then because the commute was so horrendous I started living with my boyfriend a few days a week, he only lives about 20 minutes away from my shop, and as the weeks went on, it stopped being a few days a week where I would see him, and evolved into me saying 'I'm going home on this day this week'. So essentially we're at a point now where just one day - I never went back home.

You might think that should have given me more time to write my blog posts, but when you're working 46-58 hours every week, plus getting called in on your days off, getting calls from members of staff the second you get home and living with your SO and his housemates (who are a couple as well btw) and trying to maintain a social life, and see friends who live a few towns over, and who work opposite hour to you, or who are doing a year teaching in china, or who are working in the capital living out their dreams - well... it's tricky.

Therefore I am beginning this year on my blog the same way I started it everywhere else - with a photo and an announcement. 


We are welcoming in 2017 with some fantastic news. I start a new job in Finance next week, and we are moving into our first house together later this month. We couldn't be more excited to begin this step in our lives together and can't wait to make some more amazing memories in our home. 

Because I start a new job (with fewer hours and guaranteed weekends off) I will be back to posting blogs regularly, and I think Steve may make a few more appearances on here too, as we move into our house, and try to make it a home, and attempt some degree of self-sufficiency while we're at it. 

Hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and New Year and I'm looking forward to going through 2017 with all of you.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Katherine Harriet | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig