Tuesday 11 August 2015

Apple Pie Float

Following on from yesterday's rant about the weather, I've found myself wanting more and more comforting warming drinks over refreshing iced ones. So I made this fantastic Apple Pie float. It's a little spicy, super sweet, really warming and completely delicious. If you want to be really naughty you can add in a little shot of spiced rum.

I made this for me and my sister to enjoy the other day on a cold rainy August night. We had it as a combined desert after dinner and she loved it! It would be the perfect easy halloween cocktail as well for a fancy dress party or whatever. I just know that has the days are getting shorter and colder, warmers like this are exactly what we need!


What you will need (makes enough for 2 glasses):
1 Bottle Toffee/Butterscotch cider (I used Brothers)
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
2 Scoop Vanilla Ice Cream
2 Shot of Spiced Rum (optional)

Pour the cider into a pan and slowly heat on a low setting until hot all the way through, stir slowly and continuously adding in the cinnamon about half way through. Do not allow to boil. Pour 1 shot of sum into the bottom of each glass and then fill the glasses 3/4 the way full with your warm cider. Float a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. + you're done!

This is an incredibly easy spiked cider recipe and seriously does taste like the sweetest, yummiest apple pie you've ever had. The mixed of cinnamon and vanilla with that already sweetened cider mean it's only really suitable if you've got a bit of a sweet tooth - like me! But the spike of rum offsets that a bit making it a completely yummy way to end your day.

I hope you enjoy it too!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Katherine Harriet | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig