Wednesday 2 September 2015

What I'm Wearing: Victorious Festival

On Sunday 31st August I went to my first ever Festival. I know, I know, I'm sure you've all done it before and my little local festival is going to seem very insignificant to your Downloads, IOW's and Reading's. But Victorious in Southsea is actually a fantastic and cheap alternative! Headliners this year included Basement Jaxx, Ella Eyer, Tinie Tempah, and many many more. One of the artists who played is a personal fave of mine, Andrew Foster. If you haven't heard his stuff I strongly recommend it. 

So for Victorious I decided I had to plan my outfit carefully. I mean it's Britain, in August. Anything could happen. I went for bare legs incase it got hot, docs to protect from rain and mud. Shorts underneath incase of wind. Hair up just to cover all of the above. All in all it was a very successful outfit. My favourite skirt has seen the last of it's days though I think sadly. Between the cats pawing at it, and some muddy field marks. I think this maybe one of the last times we see this skirt (I just can't let go!) 





As you can see this outfit combines all the key things you need for a festival including a tote bag the size of the TARDIS. No joke. I had two bottle of water, face wipes, travel wipes, tissues, hand sanatiser, a bottle opener, a whistle and flag, a glow stick, a blanket, a jumper, a waterproof poncho, lipstick, lip balm, suncream, hand cream, deodorant, a camera, a phone, hair ties, hair grips, a hair brush. + that's just the stuff I came with - I left with more I promise you. This bag from Lush though really is one of the greatest bags I've bought. The proceeds go towards ending animal testing, as well as loads of other important charitable movements + it's super strong and super big. Perfect for everything.

Black Funnel Neck Top - Topshop
Pink Floral Circle Skirt - Topshop (similar)
Cat Eye Sunglasses - Topshop
Lace Topped Socks - Topshop
Vintage Knot Wrap (worn as head scarf) - Lush 
Fight Against Animal Testing Tote - Lush
Multi Layered Necklace - Topshop (similar)
Patent Docs - Doc Martens

What do you usually wear to a festival? + do you come with everything but teh kitchen sink when you do go? Also seeing as I mentioned Andrew Foster Earlier I thought I'd share with you one of my all time favourite songs The Garden - this is the first video and is a live version of him singing this fantastic song. Honest to God this is incredible if you don't like it then I'm pretty sure you're deaf. The second song is Race to the Truth from his latest EP "Check Signal Aspect" another live version but this time it's just him singing on Hayling Island. 






The whole EP is inspired by life on the South Coast which is my little corner of the world as well. I'm lucky enough to know this man personally as well so I can tell you that he 100% is a great and lovely guy and deserves about 4.7 million % more recognition for his work. Yes. Four. Point. Seven. Million. Percent. More. But heres' the main things you need to know. He loves Doctor Who, he smiles more than Prof. Brain Cox (+ love space just as much), he has voice that I always want to listen too. In fact when I have children they will not have tradition lullabies - just Andrew Foster singing beautifully instead.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Katherine Harriet | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig